Communicative English Education in Asian Context
Product Descriptionby Jaehyeon Han,Yong-Jin Kim, Jun-Eon Park (editors)
size: A5, 220pages. publisher: Hankuk Publisher, 1997.
About this book
An international conference was held on "Efforts of Asian Countries to Enhance ESL Learners' Communicative Competence" at Soong Sil University in October, 1996. At the conference, precious papers were presented by distinguished scholars both from Korea and abroad. This book is the collection of the papers presented there. Some of the papers were revised afterward for further refinement. We are convinced that all these papers offer significant insight into the commmunicative English education in Asian countries.
Table of contents
PART I. ENGLISH EDUCATION IN ASIA
- Communicative Competence Teaching in P.R. China...by Tian Guisen
- English Language Education in Japan: Problems, Progress and Prospects...by Peter McCagg
- English in Singapore - a lingua franca and a language for international communication - Efforts in Maintaining both Functions...by Foo Chee Jan
- English Education in Korea: Past, Present, and Future...by Yongjae Paul Choe
PART II. ON IMPROVING ESL COMPETENCE
- Strategies for Improving Communicative Competence in a Second Laguage...by John W. Oller, Jr.
- English Language Testing in Korea - With Special Respect to the College Scholastic Ability Test...by Byoung-Man Jeon
- English Via the Interest...by Sook Whan Cho
- Developing Congruence in Communicative Language Teaching...by Dorothy Archibald and Jun-Eon Park
Availability: Usually ships in 5~10 business days.