Ten Korean Short Stories
Product DescriptionTranslated by Kevin O'Rourke
size: 20.9x14.9cm, 249pages. publisher: Yonsei University Press, 1997(6th print).
About this book
Ten Korean Short Stories samples two generations of Korean short stories, bringing to life the first faltering steps of an ancient land entering the modern age, evoking in truly memorable fasion the spirit of Korea and the deep springs that stir the hearts of her people. Here is the pain and anguish of people oppressed by the conqueror, the tragedy of civil war and partition, the struggle for meaning in post-war society; Korea yester, today, tomorrow.
Table of contents
- The Suffering of Two Generations by Ha Keun-chan
- The Rock by Kim Tong-ni
- Record of a Journey to Mujin by Kim Seung-ok
- Potatoes by Kim Tong-in
- Pyon's Death by Shyn Sang-ung
- Cranes by Hwang Sun-won
- A Washed Out Dream by Son Chang-sop
- The Poetry of John by Chang Yong-hak
- A Lucky Day by Hyon Jin-gon
- Another Man's Room by Choe In-ho